We all have our kitchen idols, and Lottie from Running on Veggies is in my top five, for sure. For years I've followed her Brooklyn-based blog as her recipes have carried me with energy through the streets of New York. One of my favorite Lottie-inspired treats is her Flourless Fudgey Chickpea Blondies. This power packed treat satisfies all the post-running cravings and is pretty darn easy to make. I've borrowed her recipe for the happy runner debut, but her original recipes and other fun treats can be found here.
- 2- 15 oz cans of chickpeas (around 4 cups)–rinsed very well
- 2 cups pitted dates (if hard soak in hot water for 10 minutes)
- 1 cup almond milk (or water)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup almond butter (any nut butter works)
- 3 tablespoons flaxseeds mixed with 10 tablespoons water– mixed and set aside for 5 minutes (chia seeds also work)
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup stevia sweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a food processor, mix all ingredients except for the chocolate chips
- Transfer your mix (making sure there are no concentrated pockets of chickpeas) and fold in chocolate chips.
- Spray your cupcake pan(s) and evenly distribute your mixture into your cupcake slots.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool for ONE HOUR (be patient!) then remove and put in a container or freeze them for later use.